Last Updated on May 1, 2010
Break out GrillGrates to grill fabulous Cinco de Mayo Quesadillas. Invite your friends over for a real treat that you can make ahead of time and just add the toppings before grilling.
Two flour tortillas form a sandwich that becomes the platform for the quesadilla toppings. You can use several different fillings for the sandwich between the tortillas.
- Just Cheese- 3 part mexican cheese or whatever you have in the fridge
- 3 Bean Mash or can of refried beans sprinkled with a little cheese
- Even sliced pears and goat cheese
TIP: Make the flour tortilla bases ahead of time and separate with wax paper. Make two or three and enjoy putting the toppings on with your guests. Suggested toppings:
- Tomato slices
- Mexican Cheese
- Avocado slices
- NONE- bring inside as chip for dips!
Links to quesadilla recipes:
- Natalies Two-Fisted Quesadilla (basic cheese and salsa)
- Laura’s Austin Quesadilla (with pears and goat cheese)
- Sweet & Spicy Quesadilla (brie or swiss cheese and pepper jelly)
GrillGrate TIP: Keep GrillGrate temp below 400F- no burning of the bottom of the tortilla- just crispy golden sear marks. LOW on Gas Grills- hood temp will read 300F. 10 minute grilling time required to thoroughly grill toppings and get tortillas crispy.