Thanksgiving 2010: A Bird and a Bag!
Grilled Butterflied Turkey is Fast and Easy with GrillGrates!
|Bon Appetit Centerfold of Butterflied Turkey|
Our local supermarket butterflied a fresh turkey for us and it was easy to prepare and grill. We did the recipe twice and nearly a third time until I relented and gave up on doing a spatchcock comparison. The game was on when Bon Appetit Magazine arrives with a centerfold shot of what else? Butterflied turkey!
|Very nice rosemary rub from bbq.about.com|
- We chose a simple brine of 2 gallons of vegetable broth. A trash bag in a bucket worked well for an 8 hour soak.
- I found a great rosemary rub from bbq.about.comhttp://bbq.about.com/. Derrick has well organized lists of brines, rubs, grilling methods,
- Amazingribs.com is always a great resource. Here is a link to Craig’s Thanksgiving ideas newsletter. Sign up for Meathead’s newsletter. I read it bumper to bumper!
- Here’s a link to butterflied grilled turkey on GrillGrates! I’ve already had my hot turkey sandwiches too!
- AND Yes Virginia there is a difference between butterflying a bird and spatchcocking it. This link takes you to Chris Lily’s recipe that is truly spatchcocking. Next year…
- What are you cooking up for Thanksgiving?
Customers and Friends First for a Grate Deal on Gift Bags!
|A Grate Gift for your favorite griller!|
We have 60 of the two-pocket bags left for this year and its only right to offer a grate sale to our customers and friends first. We’ve added a four pack sku as well.
3 GrillGrate panels, The GrateTool, Steaming Brush and Bag is $79.99 plus s/h
4 GrillGrate panels, The GrateTool, Steaming Brush and Bag is $89.99 plus s/h
A great gift for your favorite griller!