This Sunday morning I started my day by not immediately diving into emails instead I enjoyed two cups of coffee while readying all Meathead has to say about grilling Prime Rib. Well, more correctly, a Choice Rib Roast (as Meathead points out). We plan on grilling prime rib for the family holiday dinner this Christmas and I want to be prepared! I realized when I got up for my second cup of coffee that I read every word including the reader comments. I’m grateful to Meathead this morning for getting my day off to a such a great start. I’m already salivating for the Christmas feast!
Grateful Moments: I’m grateful for Meathead on many levels going beyond his support and enthusiasm for GrillGrate:
- amazingribs.com has become my grilling and bible and my crutch. Whenever I venture from my comfort zone I go to Meathead’s amazingribs.com for guidance, solace and confidence! I hear that from a lot of our customers too!
- Meathead broke me of my winging it when its done approach to grilling and now I feel lost without an instant read thermometer when I’m at the grill. Our grilled food is now near perfect and my family lets me know if I slip below 9.5 out of 10! And as Susan likes to say- “You can’t send it back if its not cooked right!” Link to Meathead’s Thermometer Buying Guide.
- Meathead has helped me better understand the science of grilling including low and slow. I never truly barbecued until a few years ago. I ate plenty of barbecue though!
- He’s also helped me understand the scientific aspects of why GrillGrate grills food better.
- And now we’ve collaborated to create a wonderful new gift! Meathead’s Amazingribs.com Temperature Magnet– see below.
Thank you Meathead for all you do with amazingribs.com and for the science of great grilling!
A Stocking Stuffer for the Grate Griller!
Here’s a link to Meathead’s Temperature Magnet on Amazon.
- JUMBO 5.5 x 8″ magnet
- Meathead’s Chef Temps displayed
- Further detail on doneness, temperatures, color and texture.
- A Gem of a stocking stuffer!
Buy a bunch and save with $5 flat rate shipping. A portion of the proceeds go to Meathead.
What are you grilling for the holidays?
Do you have a signature recipe to share?
Have a question or suggestion for family holiday grilling?